Composer of the Month is a great way to bring some music history to your students! Ready to start a Composer/Musician of the Month unit but don't have a plan ready? Look no further! This is the perfect resource for your lessons on Irving Berlin, one of the most famous pop composers of the 20th century. He composed famous pieces such as "God Bless America," "White Christmas," "Happy Holidays," "Blue Skies," "Alexander's Ragtime Band," and "There's No Business Like Show Business."
This set includes:
• Lesson Plans covering mini-lessons for music listening to be presented at the beginning or end of your lesson as a "Musician of the Month" activity. This is a great way to incorporate music history into your daily lessons. Use around the holidays or use his non-holiday pieces for any month of the year!
• Bulletin Board printables including information about the composer, definitions appropriate to the particular composer (i.e. Jazz, Composer, Conductor, Musician).
• YouTube links to engaging videos highlighting the composer's works.
This set will get you with a Lesson Plan that is ready to print and yet can still be modified to suite your needs. The composer units focus on a different composer or musician each month and the lesson takes about 5-10 minutes of the lesson time. I do the lesson at the very beginning of class and focus on listening, discussing music with appropriate terminology, and connecting music to the "real world." Each lesson comes with 5 mini-lessons and links to the YouTube videos used in the lesson.
In addition, you will also receive printouts for your bulletin boards with blank pages that can also be modified to suite your needs. I display the current composer's information in my room and then move his or her information to the hallway as a running list for students. Pictures of this can be found on my blog.
Each lesson plan includes standards that are checked off for the GPS (Georgia Performance Standards). I have also included alternative National Music Standards Checklists and National Core Arts Standards Checklists.
Check out my additional Composer and Musician of the Month Packs!
• Irving Berlin
• Ella Fitzgerald
• Edvard Grieg
• Gustav Holst
• Otis Redding
• Rodgers and Hammerstein
• Stephen Schwartz
• John Williams
• Stephen Schwartz
• Otis Redding
Be sure to connect with me to get access to the FREE Resource Library!
Be the first to hear about new releases, product updates, and amazing deals and teaching tips!
Check out some of my bestsellers!
• Maypole Mania!
• Patriotic Sing Along
• Pitch Hill - Teaching Solfege, Teacher's Edition
• Rhythm Basketball - Get your kids bouncing to the beat!
• Rhythm Coloring - Great for Centers and End of Class Activities
• Rhythm Race Bundle - Music Center and Rhythm Game
• Recorder BAG Bonanza!
• Science of Sound - Detailed Lesson Plans, Experiments, and Presentations
Visit my other store, Pitch Clips, for clip art, digital papers, and other graphic materials!
- Stay updated on new products by clicking the green star at the top of the page!
For more ideas and fun:
Visit my website and follow my Blog!
Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Follow me on YouTube!
Follow me on Instagram!
Teach music. Love life.
Want to earn FREE products on TpT and make my day?
I love hearing how products help you in the classroom! Don't forget to leave feedback on items you've purchased - you earn 1 TpT credit for every dollar spent on TpT. These really add up!!
Should you have any questions, concerns, or requests, please contact me before leaving feedback at email@example.com
. I want to ensure you have a wonderful experience with my products and my store!