Also included in
- Looking for ways to integrate more listening lessons and music history into your general music class? Wanting composer materials for your entire year? Save over 25% by buying this is a bundle instead of individual sets!This comprehensive bundle includes the sets listed above, as well as a bonus file$90.00$120.75Save $30.75
Looking for ways to integrate more listening lessons and music history into your general music class? This "Composer of the Month" set focuses on Igor Stravinsky, and is the twelfth in the series!
This product includes:
* Listening lesson slideshow for Stravinsky's "Russian Dance" from "Petrushka"(appropriate for grades 3 and above--this lesson focuses on tika-ti, or two sixteenths/eighth)
* Listening lesson slideshows for Stravinsky's "Firebird" finale (appropriate for grades 2 and above--one slideshow focuses on melodic contour, and the other specifically focuses on fa)
* "Be a composer like Stravinsky" worksheet (appropriate for grade 1 and above--separate composition worksheets for each of these concepts: ta and ti-ti, quarter rest, tika-tika, half note, ti-tika, tika-ti, syncopa, and tim-ka)
* Movement activity to Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring" (25 color and black/white printable sheets with clip art of Stravinsky with movement directions on each, and Google Slides with embedded video), appropriate for grades 1-5.
*Listening response worksheet--can be used with Stravinsky piece of your choice
*Slideshow about Igor Stravinsky's life, with student-friendly details
*Composer of the month bulletin board visuals (includes letters for "Composer of the month," Picture of Igor Stravinsky, World map pointing to Russia, Visuals for Stravinsky's most well-known works, and Composer/ Conductor/ Musician Visuals with definitions)
*Follow Me: Has students keeping the beat in different ways to Stravinsky's "Firebird"
*Did You Know Cards: Includes 8 different interesting facts about Stravinsky. These can be used during music lessons and/or read on morning announcements during the month Stravinsky is being studied
*Directions for the set
Note: You can view the PDF's like a slideshow by going to "view," then "full screen."
Download the preview for more information and visuals.
These activities can be used for any month you choose, or if you'd prefer, can be spread out over the year.
Please note that due to copyright, there is a YouTube link provided for the finale to "Firebird," but you will have to provide the recordings for the other activities.
You can also purchase this as part of my "Composer of the Month" bundled set.
Check out these composer of the month sets:
Please rate this product, and follow me for freebies and other product updates. You can visit my blog at www.mrsmiraclesmusicroom.com.