Also included in
- Looking for ways to integrate more listening lessons and music history into your general music class? Wanting composer materials for your entire year? Save over 25% by buying this is a bundle instead of individual sets!This comprehensive bundle includes the sets listed above, as well as a bonus file$90.00$120.75Save $30.75
Looking for ways to integrate more listening lessons and music history into your general music class? This colorful "Composer of the Month" set focuses on Beethoven, and is the first in a series!
This product includes:
*Directions to "Follow Me" Activity to Beethoven's "Symphony No. 9," movement 2 (appropriate for grades K-1)
* Listening lesson to Beethoven's "Symphony No. 7," movement 2, for quarter rest (appropriate for grades 1-2--this lesson is also included in my "Songs and Activities for Quarter Rest" set)
* Worksheet for Beethoven's "Symphony No. 7," movement 2 (includes rhythmic dictation, form, and composition--this worksheet is not in my quarter rest set)
* Movement activity to Beethoven's "Rondo a Capriccio" (50 printable sheets with clip art of Beethoven with movement directions on each--25 in color and 25 in black and white, and SMART board file with embedded music for "Rondo a Capriccio"), appropriate for grades 1-5
* "Ode to Joy" slideshow for recorders or barred instruments (includes slides with note names inside noteheads, as well as three versions of the song--a shortened version, a version with high D in the third phrase, and a version with low D in the third phrase. Also includes suggestions for listening to Beethoven's "Symphony No. 9" and identifying the theme, appropriate for grades 4-5.)
*Listening worksheet--can be used with Beethoven piece of your choice
*"Be a composer like Beethoven" worksheet (appropriate for grade 1 and above--separate composition worksheets for each of these concepts: ta and ti-ti, quarter rest, tika-tika, half note, ti-tika, tika-ti, syncopa, and tim-ka)
*Beethoven information worksheet (includes biography of Beethoven with follow-up questions, appropriate for grades 2-5.)
*Composer of the month bulletin board visuals (includes letters for "Composer of the month," Picture of Beethoven, Beethoven quotes, World map pointing to Germany, Visuals for Beethoven's most well-known works, and Composer/ Conductor/ Musician Visuals with definitions)
*Did You Know Cards: Includes 12 different interesting facts about Beethoven. These can be used during music lessons and/or read on morning announcements during the month Beethoven is being studied
*Directions for the set, with suggestions for children's books
Download the preview for more information and visuals. Please note that if you purchased this prior to 1/6/15, you will want to re-download, as I have added a few worksheets and made lots of formatting changes!
These activities can be used for any month you choose, or if you'd prefer, can be spread out over the year.
Please note that due to copyright, the only recording included in this set is "Rondo a Capriccio" (that recording is royalty-free.) You will have to provide the recordings for the other activities.
Check out these composer of the month sets:
Please rate this product, and follow me for freebies and other product updates. You can visit my blog at www.mrsmiraclesmusicroom.com.