Also included in
- Looking for ways to integrate more listening lessons and music history into your general music class? Wanting composer materials for your entire year? Save over 25% by buying this is a bundle instead of individual sets!This comprehensive bundle includes the sets listed above, as well as a bonus file$90.00$120.75Save $30.75
Looking for ways to integrate more listening lessons and music history into your general music class? This colorful "Composer of the Month" set focuses on Modest Mussorgsky, and is the seventh in the series!
This product includes:
* Directions to "Follow Me" Activity to "Tuileries" (appropriate for grades K-1)
* Listening lesson slideshow for Mussorgsky's "Night on Bald Mountain" (appropriate for grade 4 and above--this lesson focuses on tam-ti and eighth rest)
* Listening lesson for Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" (appropriate for grade 3 and above--students work in small groups to choose which artwork goes with which piece)
* "Be a composer like Mussorgsky" worksheet (appropriate for grade 1 and above--separate composition worksheets for each of these concepts: ta and ti-ti, quarter rest, tika-tika, half note, ti-tika, tika-ti, syncopa, and tim-ka)
* Movement activity to Mussorgsky's "Night on Bald Mountain" (50 printable sheets with clip art of Mussorgsky with movement directions on each--25 in color and 25 in black and white, and PowerPoint with embedded music), appropriate for grades 1-5.
*Listening Response worksheet--can be used with Mussorgsky piece of your choice
*Slideshow about Mussorgsky's life, with student-friendly details
*Composer of the month bulletin board visuals (includes letters for "Composer of the month," Picture of Mussorgsky, World map pointing to Russia, Visuals for Mussorgsky's most well-known works, and Composer/ Conductor/ Musician Visuals with definitions)
*Did You Know Cards: Includes 8 different interesting facts about Mussorgsky. These can be used during music lessons and/or read on morning announcements during the month Mussorgsky is being studied
*Directions for the set
Download the preview for more information and visuals.
These activities can be used for any month you choose, or if you'd prefer, can be spread out over the year.
Please note that due to copyright, a MIDI arrangement of "Night on Bald Mountain" is included, as that recording is royalty-free, but you will have to provide the recordings for the other activities.
You can also purchase this as part of my "Composer of the Month" bundled set.
Check out these composer of the month sets:
Please rate this product, and follow me for freebies and other product updates. You can visit my blog at www.mrsmiraclesmusicroom.com.