Also included in
- Looking for ways to integrate more listening lessons and music history into your general music class? Wanting composer materials for your entire year? Save over 25% by buying this is a bundle instead of individual sets!This comprehensive bundle includes the sets listed above, as well as a bonus file$90.00$120.75Save $30.75
Looking for ways to integrate more listening lessons and music history into your general music class? Want engaging activities for Black History Month? This "Composer of the Month" set focuses on Scott Joplin, and is the ninth in the series!
This product includes:
*Directions to "Follow Me" Activity to "The Entertainer" (appropriate for grades K-1
* Listening lesson slideshow for Joplin's "Maple Leaf Rag" (appropriate for grades 1 and above--this lesson focuses on the piece's form of AABBACCDD)
* Listening lesson for Joplin's "Bethena" (appropriate for grades 3 and above--focuses on syncopa (or eighth/quarter/eighth) and dotted half note
* "Be a composer like Joplin" worksheet (appropriate for grade 1 and above--separate composition worksheets for each of these concepts: ta and ti-ti, quarter rest, tika-tika, half note, ti-tika, tika-ti, syncopa, and tim-ka)
* Movement activity to Joplin's "The Entertainer" (25 color printable sheets with clip art of Joplin with movement directions on each, and PowerPoint with embedded music), appropriate for grades 1-5.
*SQUILT (Super Quiet UnInterrupted Listening Time) worksheet--can be used with Joplin piece of your choice
*Slideshow about Joplin's life, with student-friendly details
*Composer of the month bulletin board visuals (includes letters for "Composer of the month," Picture of Joplin, World map pointing to United States, Visuals for Joplin's most well-known works, and Composer/ Conductor/ Musician Visuals with definitions)
*Did You Know Cards: Includes 8 different interesting facts about Joplin. These can be used during music lessons and/or read on morning announcements during the month Joplin is being studied
*Directions for the set
Note: The listening lesson slideshows and slideshow about Joplin's life are included as Powerpoints instead of PDF's. Make sure to view in slideshow mode so you can view any links.
Download the preview for more information and visuals.
These activities can be used for any month you choose, or if you'd prefer, can be spread out over the year.
Please note that due to copyright, a recording of "The Entertainer" is included, as that recording is royalty-free, but you will have to either access the YouTube links to recordings provided in the listening lesson slideshows, or provide the recordings for the other activities.
You can also purchase this as part of my "Composer of the Month" bundled set.
Looking for more Black History Month activities?:
Check out these composer of the month sets:
Please rate this product, and follow me for freebies and other product updates. You can visit my blog at www.mrsmiraclesmusicroom.com.