This is a set of colorful circles with numbers that can be used for a fun number sense activity. It can be used as a whole or small group activity and is great for centers or independent work.
Choose 2 circles and display them for students.
Students should choose one number from each circle and add, subtract, multiply or divide (depending on grade) to make numbers that meet the given criteria.
• I chose two numbers and got _______. How did I do it? Did anyone do it another way?
• Is it possible to make _________? If no, how could we change one of the numbers to make it possible?
• Can you make an even/odd number?
• Can you make a number that ends in zero?
• Make a number between 15 and 25.
• Can you make the sum of 8 and 4?
• Can you make the product of 2 and 8?
• What is the largest/smallest number you can make?
Blank circles are included so that you can use numbers of your choice or larger numbers.
This activity lends itself to rich discussion about mental strategies.
Thanks for looking and please follow me for more fun, engaging math activities and FREEBIES!