Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
Aligns with Common Core Standards:
Distinguish between defining attributes (e.g., triangles are closed and three-sided) versus non-defining attributes (e.g., color, orientation, overall size); build and draw shapes to possess defining attributes.
Compose two-dimensional shapes (rectangles, squares, trapezoids, triangles, half-circles, and quarter-circles) or three-dimensional shapes (cubes, right rectangular prisms, right circular cones, and right circular cylinders) to create a composite shape, and compose new shapes from the composite shape.
Two products are included:
1) a whole group or individual lesson:
* Match up of a composite shape and shapes that compose to create it
* the composite shape is orange/green and the others have a white background
* can be played where each student gets a card and you say go and they try to find their new groups
* can also be played individually or in partners as a memory game.
2) Composing shapes cards:
* use as a worksheet for independent work or as cards in a center for partner work
* aims for both of the above standards, students are given a composite shape and the shapes to use to compose it.
* the second page is aimed at drawing and creating shapes given known attributes.
If you have any suggestions, concerns, or comments please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are satisfied with this product please leave feedback!