Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.8 MB | 8 pages
This bundle contains 3 lesson plans that are directly aligned to the first grade Common Core Standards for Geometry. Content includes composing two-dimensional and three-dimensional shapes to create a composite shape and composing new shapes from the composite shapes.
Students will explore composing shapes by:
- an introductory activity with picture book
- using puzzle boards to compose shapes
- creating original puzzle pictures
- using 2D and 3D manipulatives
- building on Geoboards with rubber bands
- composing with Play Dough and other objects
- playing several games on the computer
- completing the Shape Sort Worksheet