Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Explore COMPOSITION, RHYTHM, and TEXTURE with this fun unit—no instruments needed!!
Motivate your students to LISTEN, and to improve their sense of BEAT and RHYTHM, in an enjoyable and motivating way. They will use simple rhythms to compose an exciting original piece of ensemble music, collaborating in the creation and performance of their compositions!
This series of four/five lessons is aimed at Grades 3-6, with possible adaptation and extension for older grades. Read more about it here.
This download includes:
- Teacher’s guide, complete with lesson plans and links to Standards
- Summative Assessment form with Essential Questions
- Formative and summative assessment ideas
- Step-by-step guide for students
- Images of each step
- Composition examples
- Peer feedback worksheet
This plan addresses several of the new Music Standards (Cr1, Cr2, Cr3, Pr5, Pr6, Re9) under the strands of CREATING, PERFORMING, and RESPONDING.
▪ Students will make collaborative choices about musical sounds and ensemble performance.
▪ Students will understand the importance of listening to other musicians and keeping the beat as an ensemble.
▪ Students will understand how to layer sounds in order to bring out certain rhythms while using others as accompaniment.
▪ Students will reflect on their practice and performance in order to improve accuracy and ensemble skills.
It is primarily aimed at Music Specialists, but can also be utilized in team-building or community-building as it focuses on COMMUNICATION and COLLABORATION.
Please contact me for an A4 version if you wish to use that size.
Created by Janine Slaga, janinesmusicroom.com
Thank you for your purchase! If you enjoy my products, please leave some positive feedback and earn TpT credits. For more teaching ideas, resources, and lesson plans, please visit Janine's Music Room!
Copyright © Janine Slaga, all rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. This product is intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.