This fun and engaging composition activity was inspired by one of my favorite campfire treats: S'mores! The pages can be used as slides, on iPad or other tablet, printed, and more. Step by step instructions lead students to compose their very own song over a period of days or weeks depending on your teaching schedule.
To make this composition activity super memorable for your students, serve S'mores at the end of the activity, as students are performing their compositions for each other.
Plus, National Smores Day is August 10, so you want to be prepared for that!
- Step 1: Writing descriptive words about S'mores and a campfire
- Step 2: Adding rhythms to the words from step 1
- Step 3: Combining two or more rhythms to form motives
- Step 4: Using your voice to begin creating a melody
- Step 5: Transforming a picture of your voice into a melody
- Step 6: Writing the melody onto staff paper
- Step 7: Adding lyrics if desired
- Step 8: Adding a title
This packet is great to use in multiple class sessions, lessons, group classes, and music camps, and it is a very versatile product that can appeal to multiple elementary age groups. Even the youngest elementary students can be very successful when composing by following the simple steps included in this resource.
- Worksheets for steps 1-4
- Flash cards and music alphabet cards for step 5
- Staff paper for step 6
- Instructions for steps 7-8
- All sheets are in full color as well as ink-friendly partial color.
⭐️ View the PREVIEW to see samples of the pages.
- If you need help or have questions, please contact me by leaving a comment in the product Q&A section or at https://melodypayne.com/contact/
- Purchasing this item grants you a SINGLE USER LICENSE for use by a single teacher. Purchase multiple licenses for multiple users at checkout. Not for commercial use. Copyright © 2013 Melody Payne. All rights reserved.
- Leaving thoughtful feedback helps you earn TpT credits to spend! I'd love to hear how much you and your students are enjoying these items, and other buyers benefit from reading your feedback, so please leave a few kind words and a super rating below. Thank you!
- Having trouble with a file? Leave a question on the Q&A tab or submit a support ticket before leaving feedback.
Visit my blog at MelodyPayne.com
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Facebook
Join me on Pinterest
Sign up for FREEBIES!