This game contains 12 composite figures for students to determine the area and perimeter of (6 of each). There are 12 station papers as well as a student record sheet and an answer key for the stations.
Post the stations around your room.
• Give each student the record sheet and have them put their name on it (they can also use a clipboard if you choose).
• Students can work individually or in pairs/triads to travel around the room and answer the composite perimeter/area question at each station.
• When students find the answer to a station they should record it on their record sheet and move to the next station – for added structure, students should move to a station that as no other students or one other student/group to keep volume down.
• Once students have gone to all stations they can check their work using the answer sheet.
• VARIATION: You could have students check in with the teacher or the answer sheet to ensure a correct answer before moving onto the next station.