This project is great for real-life application of composite figures and awesome for inspiring future architects!
This resource is for extending the concept of composite figures. This project is an opportunity for the student to use their knowledge and their creativity but creating a floor plan for their dream home.
Tips & Suggestions:
- Use after teaching composite figures
- Send home or complete in class
- Have students lay their shapes before gluing them down
- Hexagons are meant to be calculated by being two trapezoids
WHAT IS IN THIS RESOURCE:
- Pictures of student samples
- Grading Rubric
- Uniform Shape Key for students to easily calculate the area of their home
- Pre-made shapes for the students to cut out
Check out these other resources you may be interested in:
Find me on: