This project was intended for my Sixth Grade General Music class, but could be adapted to fit the needs of your classroom.
Included in your purchase: Student Handout, Rhythm Worksheet, Notecards, and a thorough teacher example.
These are both in PDF and DOC formats, so they can be edited if you would like.
Students will compose a 32-52 measure piece for instruments, using a method that builds on itself.
The learning targets of this assignment cover topics we would discuss throughout the year:
• Students will use whole, half, quarter and eighth notes/rests in common time.
• Students will create a melody based around a C Major scale.
• Students will perform a melody on the recorder.
• Students will perform an ostinato on a variety of barred instruments.
• Students will perform on various hand-held instruments.
• Students will compose for multiple instruments, with written notation.
• Students will compose a piece in rondo form.
Fonts on the student handout were found here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Hello-Fonts-Personal-Non-Commercial-Use-301730