Support student learning with this set of notes for Exponential functions for compound interest
. This product is intended for students familiar with the concept of compound interest but new to exponential functions. This product provides notes and practice for compound interest using exponential equations. Great for application of natural logarithms. These notebook pages focus on part of common core standard: HSF.LEA.1.C.
Included in this resource:
- Blackline foldable on using exponential functions for compound interest
- Practice problems
- Answer key
NOTE:An introduction to the concept of compound interest, inquiry activity and notes are available here
After these notes, students can practice their skills with the Compound Interest: College Loans Mini-Project
A great addition to your Algebra 2
review and practice and for differentiation. Intermix with other exponential equation activities such as exponential growth and decay for a deeper understanding.
Exponential Function and Logarithm Resources Include:
- Logarithm Paper Chain Activity
- Expand and Condense Logarithmic Expressions Interactive Notebook
- Expand and Condense Logarithmic Expressions Task Card Activity
- Introduction to Logarithms Interactive Notebook
- Logarithm Puzzle Activity
- Exponential Functions in the Real World - Compound Interest
- Compound Interest Real World Applications - College Loans Project
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.