Introduce Compound Interest
with an inquiry activity and then students formalize their understanding through notes (color-coded and blackline options included). This is meant for students who are not yet familiar with compound interest. These notebook pages focus on part of common core standard: HSA.SSE.B.3.
This resource includes:
- Two inquiry activity options
- Color-coded graphic organizer
- Blackline master graphic organizer
- Color coded notes.
- Practice problems
- Answer key for practice problems
NOTE: These notes do not teach compound interest as logarithmic functions. Compound interest logarithmic functions can be found here.
After these notes, students can practice their skills with the Compound Interest: College Loans Mini-Project
or Compound Interest: Word Problems Task cards for scavenger hunts and more.
A great addition to your Algebra
review and practice and for differentiation. Intermix with other exponential function activities for a deeper understanding.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.