Now your students can practice compound nouns and ENJOY the practice! This fun pack has several activities that are not the usual "find the noun in the sentence" type of practice.
PLEASE NOTE: This item is also included in The Ultimate Noun Bundle at a special, discounted rate. This 143 page bundle includes engaging activities on ALL SIX TYPES of nouns in one, easy-to-use resource!
PLEASE NOTE that this version has similar activities to "Less Mess" Nouns Interactive Notebook Activities which have been redesigned in the "Less Mess" interactive notebook form. If you own the notebook already, many of these activities will be repeated. If you have questions before purchase about the similarity, just let me know!
Included activities/pages are:
1. Compound Noun Posters- includes a heading poster and all three types of compound nouns
2. Compound Noun Match-
a. Word Match Squares- This activity is perfect in partners or small groups. Students cut apart squares to make 24 word boxes. They then match the words to make 12 compound nouns. It's more difficult than it looks because many will match with more than one word.
b. The Word Jar- This has the same 24 words in a different format that could be used in isolation or as the answer sheet for the activity above.
3. A Strange Dream- Students form compound nouns and use them in context. They then identify other words in the story that are nouns. Finally, they write their own creative stories using compound nouns.
4. Compound Noun Word List- a reference sheet for activities in the pack
5. Compound Noun Silly Illustrations- Students create illustrations for compound nouns with a bit of a twist. Get ready for giggles! (Sample provided)
6. Compound Noun Visual Poetry- Students write quatrains using their silly illustrations to create visual poetry with compound nouns. (Sample provided)
Please see the preview and thumbnails to view some sample pages.