Lesson and activities to explain Compound Nouns to German students.
- Intro activity to help students start thinking about the idea of combining words
- Power Point and notes worksheet with exercises that introduce students to Compound Nouns and give them immediate practice
- Activity where students create their own compound noun (with rubric and examples)
- Crossword puzzle
- Warm up activity where students try to come up with compound nouns containing various words
- Dominoes game (with directions)
- Compound Noun Challenge where students build dictionary skills to decode various compound nouns
Designed to go along with Deutsch Aktuell 1, Kapitel 9A. I typically use this with my German 2 students. Because it references a lot of other words, I would not recommend for a Level 1 class.