Also included in
- This bundle includes more than 300 seasonal and thematic riddle cards, riddle writing templates, and related games for vocabulary development.Click on any picture above to link to previews of all of the riddle sets that are included in this bundle! All are available separately, but you'll save near$41.50$59.00Save $17.50
These compound word riddles will help your students practice reading and understanding what compound words are. Solving riddles is a fun-filled and engaging way to build vocabulary and to lay the groundwork for early comprehension skills like identifying key details, answering key questions, and inferring. Your kindergarten, first grade, and second grade students will love solving this set of 20 compound word riddles!
Here's what's included in this resource!
* 20 compound word riddle cards
* 20 picture/word answer cards
* 20 picture cards
* 20 word cards
* 20 cards that break each word into its component parts (e.g. tea + pot = teapot)
* Riddle Writing Template
* Color by code activity
Here are some ideas for using this set in your classroom!
* As a whole class or small group activity, use riddles to demonstrate how to integrate the information in the clues and use the information to eliminate incorrect choices.
* Use the riddle cards and answer cards as a pocket chart center read, solve, and match activity.
* Read and solve riddles for mini-lessons on reading informational text!
* Use the included color by code activity as a literacy center activity.
* Bring writing into your riddle-solving activities! After your students are familiar with the format of riddles and you have modeled writing several together as a class, use the included writing template. Have your students write and share their own winter riddles.
If your class loves riddles and you're looking for a LOT more, this set of compound word riddles is also included in Riddle Round-Up, a bundle of almost 300 riddles for vocabulary and drawing conclusions.
Here are some other riddle sets that you and your students will enjoy!
Be the first to know about my newest resources! Click HERE to become a follower at my store. You'll receive email notification whenever I post a new resource. You'll also find an occasional Followers Exclusive freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks! ☺