Ocean themed compound word activities:
Compound Words Book - Craft
Compound Words Book - Printable
Compound Word Matching Game:
30 word cards, 5 game boards, and an answer key
How to Play:
1. Pile the word cards on a table and give each player a game board (5 game boards).
2. Take turns reading the word cards.
3. If you have a word on your game board that can connect to the word on the word card (to make a compound word) - cover it up (use a scrap of paper or coin)
* More than one player can cover up a word on his/her game board at the same time.
Ex. Word card reads, "snow"
Player 1 has the word, "man"
Player 2 has the word, "ball"
Each player can cover up the word on his/her game board
4. The first player to cover up 5 words is the winner!
Compound Word Activity Sheets
1. Compound Word Practice
2. Compound Word Match
3. Making Sentences with Compound Words
Instructions & pictures are included
Compound Book Printable
Students cut out the book ,complete, & color.
Great to hang in your ELA classroom center.
CSL...a teacher's helper