Interactive activities & games for a year full of learning! You can use these SMARTboard activities for an intensive study/unit of compound words or use them throughout the year and build on students' understanding of the concepts. The activities included here will have your students excited to learn about compound words and range from pictorial slides to ones with written words so that as your students learn and grow they can progress in skills here as well.
Smartboard files are GREAT because there is nothing to print out and you don't have to worry about cutting, laminating and storing materials from year to year. Simply save this file and if you want to, you can create smaller units of study by saving sections of the mega pack into smaller files on your desktop.
These activities can be used for Whole Group introduction and practice of skills, as Small Group/Literacy Stations/Daily 5 practice, Individual Practice and/or as an Assessment Tool. The slides will build your students' visual discrimination, oral language, sorting and grammar skills, shandwriting, spelling and ensure they are meeting your district's technology standards.
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE ALL OF THE SLIDES!
Included in this pack you will receive:
* 3 Youtube video links to compound word short videos
* 6 compound word addition slides (for a total of 18 compound words)
* 3 compound word memory game slides (kids click two squares to play an interactive version of "memory" trying to match compound words up)
* 5 2 piece puzzle slides (18 compound words in total)
* 9 3 piece puzzle slides (2 puzzles per slide = 18 compound words)
* 3 Compound word sort slides (sort cards into the correct category)
* 6 writing compound word slides (kids look at picture & write the compound word in with a smartboard marker - choosing from the provided word bank - last slide is blank so students/class can brainstorm additional compound words)
* 3 Compound word match up slides (draw line connecting word on left to word on right to make a compound word and then write it on line below)
***SPECIAL NOTE*** This is a SMARTboard file that was created using SMART Notebook software and can only be used by people with SMARTboards - if you have a Promethean board or other board and have a way to convert files from Notebook please note that I am not able to help with that process as I am only familiar with Notebook. Due to the digital nature of these files, refunds are not permitted.