Compound Words is a 10 slide PowerPoint presentation focusing on how to identify compound words and improve reading and writing skills.
This PowerPoint lesson explores how the use of compound words can help to develop word level skills in reading and writing. ELA Teaching Resources: Compound Words includes the following tasks and activities:
1. Definition of compound words with examples.
2. Identifying smaller words in a compound word task.
3. Question and answer slides to enable peer assessment.
4. Using imagery to build compound words.
5. Consolidation of understanding.
6. Two compound words interactive games links.
ELA Teaching Resources: Compound Words is a fully editable resource so you could use it as a quick starter or incorporate it into an existing resource, lesson or unit of work. To preview please click on the PowerPoint images.