Introduce and practice compound words in this interactive SMART Board resource! Ready to go! No prep! All you need to do is connect your SMART Board and you’re ready! What a fun way for your students to learn about compound words! My students love it and so will yours!
72 pages of SMART Board Activities to support your reading, phonics, and spelling instruction!
This unit includes the following:
• 17 SMART Board pages of instruction on compound words.
• 5 SMART Board pages on distinguishing between compound words and multisyllabic words.
• 27 SMART Board pages on reading compound words.
• 12 SMART Board pages on writing compound words.
• 11 Title pages with quick links to skill practice and vocabulary used in the unit.
Within this unit students will learn compound words in isolation as well as in the context of spoken and written words. Students will explore blending sounds into whole words. Students will apply this knowledge while writing and reading new words.
This unit supports a variety of different learning styles that naturally lend to differentiation. A variety of activities are available for student practice…just choose based on your specific students’ needs.
Your students will be able to:
• The students will be able to recognize that compound words are two words put together making one new word with a new meaning.
• The students will be able to distinguish between a compound word and a multisyllabic word.
• The students will be able to identify which words make up a specific compound word.
• The students will be able to create compound words using pictures and text.
• The students will be able to read compound words.
• The students will be able to write compound words.
You will also find the pages are either self-correcting or they have answer keys.
72 pages in all!
Please note: This file is made to use SMART Notebook software. You should have this software to use the file. It is not compatible with other interactive whiteboard software such as ActivBoard (Active Inspire) or Promethean boards.