Compounds – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with one fully interactive slide that is also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to compounds terminology (compound, acid, and base)
• Differences between mixtures and compounds
• Common compounds and the elements that make them up
• Introduction to acids, bases, and litmus paper
The last slide is a white-background slide used for the printable. The printable is already in PDF form in the package. The white-background page is not included in the total pages. I include it in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printable.
The interactive/review slide and printable:
• Activity has students identifying common compounds by moving the elements that make them up into the boxes above the picture/name. The compound names basically give the element names to the students. The activity is designed as an introduction to how elements combine. You can incorporate chemical formulas or amounts of each element if you choose.