Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
192.72 MB | 218 pages
This compound words learning set has over 200 pages of content!
There are 10 different items in this set. I'll try to summarize them here, but please click on the preview file for a full explanation and pictures. (The preview file is VERY detailed!!!)
Please note that I use not just closed compound words (where the two words are smooshed together and make one word: airplane, basketball), but also open compound words (where the two words are working together but still have a space between them: bus stop, ice cream.)
1. File Folder Games word match - 4 games using 40 popular compound words, and 5 games with themes like Circus, School, and Summer.
2. Match-Up Cards - 48 words and pictures cards that divide down the middle and need to be matched up.
3. Images and Words Cards plus Mat - the same 48 images as in #2, but in individual card form, with two forms of their matching words, and two color-coded mats to work with them on.
4. Sentence cards to use with images from #3.
5. Headwords Booklet - contains 50 of the most common root words (or headwords) and lists of the compound words they can be found in. Also included are flashcards containing each of the 50 words for game play.
6. Worksheets - there are 8 kinds of worksheets included, 33 different worksheets total, plus 3 blanks that are perfect for any compound word activity.
7. Game Board - possibly the cutest Space-themed game board you'll ever see; 8.5x11 printable. 3 different game card sets included in this product.
8. Categories and Themes - 12 info-graphics with word lists to get your class thinking about places we find compound words. There are 4 matching worksheets and 5 matching File Folder Games. Themes include superheroes, baking, Christmas, and space.
9. Compound Word Pronouns - 3 info-graphics explaining compound word pronouns, and 4 sets of cards for game play.
10. PDF for the teacher with lots of information on Compound Words.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
- Look for the green star below "Made by Jen Strange" at the top right of the page:
click it to become a follower.
- You will then receive customized email updates about this store, as well as follower messages (with exclusive freebies!)