In this compounds menu choice students choose between different RAFT's to demonstrate their knowledge of ionic and covalent compounds.
A RAFT stands for Role, Audience, Format, and Topic. It is a great way to incorporate writing into your science classroom.
***SAVE WITH BUNDLES***, get the Compounds and Chemical Bonding Unit bundle and save money
included in this RAFT menu choice
- teacher guide
- Two student directions: One for the whole class doing the same RAFT and one for students to choose between different RAFTS to do (see the preview for the choices)
- Student pre-write worksheet to organize their knowledge of the two types of compounds and the properties of the elements that create them
- sentence starters, word bank, and rough draft template for student support in writing their RAFT
- Rubric for grading
You might also like
- Compounds and chemical bonding guided reading
- Chemistry lesson plans and activities
Connect with Adventures in ISTEM
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red “Follow Me” next to my Seller picture to receive notification of new products and upcoming sales. Most new products are discounted for the first 48 hours.
Blog- adventures in ISTEM
for more great ideas and strategies to use in your classroom plus freebies and giveaways
Follow me on facebook
Follow my board TPT Adventures in ISTEM
Follow me on instagram
Copyright Kristina Harjo. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.