PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
If your students struggle to identify the main idea of a story or collect information about key events in history, the 5 W's offer a great scaffolded support. When I work with my ELLs, especially those with limited English proficiency, I focus on the big ideas in a story or content area to build comprehension. The 5 W's not only offers easy scaffolding, but the 5 W's (Who, What, When, Where, Why) also are natural questions life-long readers learn to ask.
This FREE resource includes the following:
- 5 W's for English Classes with symbols
- 5 W's for Science and Social Studies Classes with symbols
- 5 W's for Math heavy subjects with symbols
- Questions formatted as a bookmark
- Questions formatted as a half sheet for interactive notebooks
- Questions formatted as a whole sheet for classroom reference or poster making
I hope you enjoy this free resource! Leave a review to provide feedback and earn TpT credits.