Comprehension Bookmarks for Reading Genres
What educators are saying
Also included in
- If you are a 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade reading teacher I bet your number one goal is to help your students become lifelong readers and fall in love with reading. The best way to do that is to focus on teaching genre throughout the entire school year. In this bundle, you’ll get six resources to help youPrice $23.10Original Price $30.10Save $7.00
Are you looking for another tool to help teach your students all about genre? These 24 reading genre bookmarks are a great companion for independent reading, book clubs, or to send home with your students.
This resource also includes a digital version created using Google Slides.
Each book mark focuses on a specific reading genre.
On the front of each bookmark...
- Students see a visual that reminds them of each genre
- There is a student friendly definition of each genre
- There is a list of attributes for each genre
- Students are given a reason why they should read that genre
On the back of each bookmark...
- Students get a set of question stems they can use during independent reading or you can send them home and parents can use them to discuss books with their students
Reading Strategies & Skills Covered:
- Fairy Tales
- Graphic Novels
- Historical Fiction
- Realistic Fiction
- Science Fiction
- Tall Tales
- Traditional Literature
- Give to students as a resource to use during independent reading time.
- Use as a teaching tool when you introduce genres to your students
- Send home with students as a parent resource. The explanation on the front and the question stems on the back help parents know how to support their students reading at home.
Check out some of my other Genre Products:
**The resource is also included in The Stellar Teacher Reading Membership.**
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.