If you are looking for passages designed to practice specific comprehension skills, then this resource is for you!!
- 4 comprehension passages for practicing making judgments.
- A/B multiple-choice questioning.
- Open-ended evidence-based question.
- Challenge activity to find evidence in the text.
- Custom Illustrations from Malaya Bengel Art.
EVERYTHING IS ON ONE PAGE!
- As mentor texts during a whole group lesson on judging.
- In a small guided reading group.
- In a comprehension center.
- As independent practice after a lesson on judging.
- As a homework review.
- Practice for taking standardized tests.
I am BEYOND excited to now be partnering with Lexile and bringing you levels for the passages inside this comprehension set!!
- Each passage has been professionally leveled by Lexile and has been correlated to F&P and the grade level equivalent.
Now you'll be able to make teaching decisions for each passage based on the levels and student abilities.
- If the text is independent for students, have them work on it in a center, as an exit slip, review, homework, etc.
- If the text is instructional, use it in Guided Reading, partner work, in a strategy group, or as an intervention.
- If the text is advanced, use it as a mentor text or whole class read aloud.
These are just a few examples of instructional use.
These passages can be used in correlation with the Mini Units for Mastery Comprehension Lessons on Judging!
- If you are interested in having access to comprehension texts specific to 36 different skills (144 total texts!), check out the bundle by CLICKING HERE!
- Below is the list of comprehension skills that are available in the bundle!
- Each skill comes with 4 custom passages laid out like the texts in this set.
Click the links to see each set:
- Author's Purpose
- Background Knowledge
- Cause and Effect
- Drawing Conclusions
- Fact and Opinion
- Finding Evidence
- Main Idea and Details
- Making Connections
- Problem and Solution
- Reader's Purpose
- Story Structure
- Text Features
- Text Importance
- Understanding Characters
- Word Strategies
Copyright © 2019 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.