If you are looking for passages designed to practice specific comprehension skills, then this resource is for you!!
- 4 comprehension passages for practicing metacognition.
- A/B multiple-choice questioning.
- Open-ended evidence-based question.
- Challenge activity to find evidence in the text.
- Custom Illustrations from Malaya Bengel Art.
EVERYTHING IS ON ONE PAGE!
- As mentor texts during a whole group lesson on metacognition.
- In a small guided reading group.
- In a comprehension center.
- As independent practice after a lesson on metacognition.
- As a homework review.
- Practice for taking standardized tests.
These passages can be used in correlation with the Mini Units for Mastery Comprehension Lessons on Metacognition!
- If you are interested in having access to comprehension texts specific to 36 different skills (144 total texts!), check out the growing bundle by CLICKING HERE!
- Below is the list of comprehension skills that will soon be available!
- Each skill will come with 4 custom passages laid out like the texts in this set.
- Fact and Opinion
- Finding Evidence
- Author's Purpose
- Reader's Purpose
- Problem and Solution
- Main Idea and Details
- Background Knowledge
- Cause and Effect
- Making Connections
- Understanding Characters
- Drawing Conclusions
- Text Importance
- Interpreting Dialogue
- Word Strategies
- Text Features
- Story Structure
Copyright © 2019 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.