Thank you for purchasing this set of comprehension questions that correlate to stories # 101 – 110 in the blue Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) kit. The stories in this pack are:
101. The Costume Party by Sharon Fear;
102. Moosling in Winter by Sharon Fear;
103. The Roadrummers by Katacha Diaz;
104. March to the Park by Luka Berman;
105. Venus, the Flytrap Who Wouldn’t Eat Flies by Donna Latham;
106. Pen Pals by Amy Helfer;
107. The Fox and the Gulls retold by Katacha Diaz;
108. Puddle Play by Fay Robinson;
109. A Dragon’s Lullaby by George Capaccio; and
110. The Scream by Susan Blackaby.
Each of these worksheets was personally created by me and contains a variety of “Right There” and “Beyond the Text” questions. There are a variety of “Wh” questions and inferential questions that require the students to recall from the story, infer beyond the text, make personal connections, and respond in complete sentences.
I found that the worksheets that come off the LLI CD are very basic for my students and I needed a more rigorous approach to reading comprehension, which was why I began creating these worksheets.
If you use the LLI blue kit in your classroom, I hope you are able to utilize these worksheets as much as I do. I will be posting the rest of the kit soon in increments of ten.
Enjoy, and please contact me with any questions.
For Special Ed. and Beyond!