Thank you for purchasing this set of comprehension questions that correlate to stories # 111 – 120 in the blue Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) kit. The stories in this pack are:
111. The Hot Day by Maggie Bridger;
112. Moosling the Hero by Sharon Fear;
113. All About Astronauts by Bill Kirk;
114. Too Many Teeth by Jane Bingley;
115. All About Volcanoes by Bill Kirk;
116. Libby’s New Friend by Kitty Colton;
117. Eugenie Clark, Shark Lady by Kendra Adams;
118. The Pirates by Maggie Bridger;
119. Chester Greenwood’s Big Idea by Christine Economos; and
120. Animals with Wings by Shirley Petersen.
Each of these worksheets was personally created by me and contains a variety of “Right There” and “Beyond the Text” questions. There are a variety of “Wh” questions and inferential questions that require the students to recall from the story, infer beyond the text, make personal connections, and respond in complete sentences.
I found that the worksheets that come off the LLI CD are very basic for my students and I needed a more rigorous approach to reading comprehension, which was why I began creating these worksheets.
If you use the LLI blue kit in your classroom, I hope you are able to utilize these worksheets as much as I do. I will be posting the rest of the kit soon in increments of ten.
Enjoy, and please contact me with any questions.
For Special Ed. and Beyond!