Thank you for purchasing this set of comprehension questions that correlate to stories # 21 – 30 in the blue Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) kit. The stories in this pack are:
21. Chicken Little retold by Elinor Chamas;
22. Fishing by Mary Atkinson;
23. Meli at the Pet Shop by Margie Sigman;
24. The Fish Tank by Catherine Tess;
25. Meli at the Vet by Margie Sigman;
26. Kittens by Duncan Robinson;
27. Little Bat by Michele Spirn;
28. The Big City by Bill Kirk;
29. The Trip by Emma DeBrose; and
30. All About Snakes by Joseph Benjamin.
Each of these worksheets was personally created by me and contains a variety of “Right There” and “Beyond the Text” questions. There are a variety of “Wh” questions and inferential questions that require the students to recall from the story, infer beyond the text, make personal connections, and respond in complete sentences.
I found that the worksheets that come off the LLI CD are very basic for my students and I needed a more rigorous approach to reading comprehension, which was why I began creating these worksheets.
If you use the LLI blue kit in your classroom, I hope you are able to utilize these worksheets as much as I do. I will be posting the rest of the kit soon in increments of ten.
Enjoy, and please contact me with any questions.
For Special Ed. and Beyond!