This set of comprehension questions correlate to stories # 51 - 60 in the blue Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) kit. The stories in this pack are:
51. The Great Big, Enormous Turnip retold by M.C. Hall
(TWO POP QUIZZES INCLUDED);
52. Down by the Pond by Becky Mann;
53. All About Sled Dogs by Eric Michaels;
54. Pop, Pop, Popcorn by Amy Helfer;
55. The Fun Club Goes to the Dairy Farm by Jane Shaffer;
56. Going Camping by Melinda Boroson;
57. The Coyote and the Rabbit retold by Linda Ross;
58. Little Wolf’s New Home by April Maguire;
59. Plants that Eat Bugs by Liz Ray; and
60. All About Bugs by Eric Michaels.
Each of these worksheets was personally created by me and contains a variety of “Right There” and “Beyond the Text” questions. There are a variety of “Wh” questions and inferential questions that require the students to recall from the story, infer beyond the text, make personal connections, and respond in complete sentences.
I found that the worksheets that come off the LLI CD are very basic for my students and I needed a more rigorous approach to reading comprehension, which was why I began creating these worksheets.
If you use the LLI blue kit in your classroom, I hope you are able to utilize these worksheets as much as I do. I will be posting the rest of the kit soon in increments of ten.
Enjoy, and please contact me with any questions.
For Special Ed. and Beyond!