Thank you for purchasing this set of comprehension questions that correlate to stories # 61-70 in the blue Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) kit. The stories in this pack are:
61. Road Builders by David Earl;
62. The Perfect Picnic by Fay Robinson;
63. All About Dinosaurs by Stanley Francis;
64. A Party for Panda by Anna Keyes;
65. **The Fun Club Goes to the Post Office by Jane Shaffer;
66. The New Roof by Emma DeBrose;
67. The Fun Club Goes to the Vet Clinic by Jane Shaffer;
68. Kim's New Shoes by Susan Blackaby;
69. The Wind and the Sun retold by Hannah Bok;
70. The Play Date by Susan Blackaby.
** Book # 65 (Fun Club...Post Office) comes with an additional page. To use, make copies of the last page of the book for each student. Cut them out and have students sequence the steps for mailing a letter.
Each of these worksheets was personally created by me and contains a variety of “Right There” and “Beyond the Text” questions. There are a variety of “Wh” questions and inferential questions that require the students to recall from the story, infer beyond the text, make personal connections, and respond in complete sentences.
I found that the worksheets that come off the LLI CD are very basic for my students and I needed a more rigorous approach to reading comprehension, which was why I began creating these worksheets.
If you use the LLI blue kit in your classroom, I hope you are able to utilize these worksheets as much as I do. I will be posting the rest of the kit soon in increments of ten.
Enjoy, and please contact me with any questions.
For Special Ed. and Beyond!