Thank you for purchasing this set of comprehension questions that correlate to stories # 71 - 80 in the blue Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) kit. The stories in this pack are:
71. The Problem with Meli by Margie Sigman;
72. Footprints by Sharon Fear;
73. All About Bats by Donna Latham;
74. All About Spiders by Stephanie Herbek;
75. The Hare and the Tortoise retold by Linda Ross;
76. Wide Awake by Fay Robinson;
77. All About the Sonoran Desert by Kendra Adams;
78. The Bird Feeders by Emma DeBrose;
79. The Ugly Duckling retold by Maryann Dobeck; and
80. The Boss by Becky Mann.
Each of these worksheets was personally created by me and contains a variety of “Right There” and “Beyond the Text” questions. There are a variety of “Wh” questions and inferential questions that require the students to recall from the story, infer beyond the text, make personal connections, and respond in complete sentences.
I found that the worksheets that come off the LLI CD are very basic for my students and I needed a more rigorous approach to reading comprehension, which was why I began creating these worksheets.
If you use the LLI blue kit in your classroom, I hope you are able to utilize these worksheets as much as I do. I will be posting the rest of the kit soon in increments of ten.
Enjoy, and please contact me with any questions.
For Special Ed. and Beyond!