Thank you for purchasing this set of comprehension questions that correlate to stories # 81 - 90 in the blue Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) kit. The stories in this pack are:
81. All About Robots by Joseph Benjamin;
82. The Singing Duck by Luke Berman;
83. How Bear Lost His Tail retold by Hannah Bok;
84. The Wise Blackbird by Ann Gadzikowski;
85. All About African Elephants by Michael Christopher;
86. All About Redwood Trees by Eric Michaels;
87. The City Mouse and the Country Mouse retold by Amy Helfer;
88. Cranes by David Earl;
89. The Fun Club Goes to the Aquarium by Jane Shaffer; and
90. Old Jacket, New Jacket by Elliott Goldberg.
Each of these worksheets was personally created by me and contains a variety of “Right There” and “Beyond the Text” questions. There are a variety of “Wh” questions and inferential questions that require the students to recall from the story, infer beyond the text, make personal connections, and respond in complete sentences.
I found that the worksheets that come off the LLI CD are very basic for my students and I needed a more rigorous approach to reading comprehension, which was why I began creating these worksheets.
If you use the LLI blue kit in your classroom, I hope you are able to utilize these worksheets as much as I do. I will be posting the rest of the kit soon in increments of ten.
Enjoy, and please contact me with any questions.
For Special Ed. and Beyond!