Thank you for purchasing this set of comprehension questions that correlate to stories # 91 – 100 in the blue Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) kit. The stories in this pack are:
91. From Milk to Ice Cream by Michael Christopher;
92. Frog Songs by Emma Rose Benman;
93. Good Friends by Emma Rose Benman (PLUS POP QUIZ);
94. Elephant and Tiger by Claire Daniel;
95. Jack and the Beanstalk retold by Mary Sandel (PLUS POP QUIZ);
96. Hide and Seek by Sharon Fear;
97. Little Cat, Big Cat told by Maryann Dobeck (PLUS POP QUIZ);
98. Into the Sea by Stephanie Herbek (PLUS POP QUIZ);
99. A Surprise for the Big Bad Wolf by Cass Hollander; and
100. The Ladybug and the Cricket by Luka Berman.
Each of these worksheets was personally created by me and contains a variety of “Right There” and “Beyond the Text” questions. There are a variety of “Wh” questions and inferential questions that require the students to recall from the story, infer beyond the text, make personal connections, and respond in complete sentences.
I found that the worksheets that come off the LLI CD are very basic for my students and I needed a more rigorous approach to reading comprehension, which was why I began creating these worksheets.
If you use the LLI blue kit in your classroom, I hope you are able to utilize these worksheets as much as I do. I will be posting the rest of the kit soon in increments of ten.
Enjoy, and please contact me with any questions.
For Special Ed. and Beyond!