COMPREHENSION SKILLS CARDS Context Clues & Conclusion
Comprehension Skills Cards are designed to enhance the learning of concepts, skills, themes or topics. These skills cards can be used after a lesson is taught to check students understanding of the concept being taught, or these skills cards can be used in learning centers to encourage independent learning. This packet includes 2 skills cards, context clues & conclusion that encourage independent learning. Research shows that continued practice with comprehension skills helps students understanding of the skills being taught.
Independent Skills Cards Include:
• Context Clues
• Answer Card included for each skill
Directions For Use
• Teacher introduces the center.
• Teacher conducts a mini lesson for the two skills introduced.
• Copy on card stock paper. Cut the cards apart (2 skills cards on
• Teacher models how to use.
• Store centers in the literacy center.
• Encourage students to work in pairs or small groups. Use answer
card to check accuracy.
• Center work can be stored in students center folder.