COMPREHENSION SKILLS CARDS Main Idea & Facts and Details
Comprehension Skills Cards are designed to enhance the learning of concepts, skills, themes or topics. These skills cards can be used after a lesson is taught to check students understanding of the concept being taught, or these skills cards can be used in learning centers to encourage independent learning. This packet includes 2 skills cards, main idea and facts and details that encourage independent learning. Research shows that continued practice with comprehension skills helps students understanding of the skills being taught.
Independent Skills Cards Include:
• Main Idea
• Facts and Details
• Answer Card included for each skill
Directions For Use
• Teacher introduces the center.
• Teacher conducts a mini lesson for the two skills introduced.
• Copy on card stock paper. Cut the cards apart (2 skills cards on each page)
• Teacher models how to use.
• Store centers in the literacy center.
• Encourage students to work in pairs or small groups. Use answer card to check
• Center work can be stored in students center folder.