This is Unit 8: Comprehension Word Family Stories Warm Up Lessons from the Daily Warm Up Lessons BUNDLE. The rest of the units are listed below with a link to the bundle.
Comprehension Word Family Stories: Paperless Projectable Activities
• This is a collection of lessons and class activities to introduce your students to practice reading and comprehending word family stories in a fun way. The pages can be projected for your whole group lessons, and reviewed on your computer during small group lessons. They can also be printed!
• These pages are meant to be PROJECTED to guide your daily reading and writing practice.
• Project the pages onto the white board and invite students read the simple stories with you, discussing what is happening in the story. Students are then invited up to fill in the the questions using dry erase markers. If you wish, you can then print out copies of the page for written practice.
• This format means there is NO PREP - just choose a page and start your discussion.
It's so quick that you can choose a page whenever you have an extra 5 minutes, or to start your ELA lessons each day.
• You can PRINT these pages to use as differentiated workbooks or targeted practice booklets for students who need extra practice in class, or even to send home.
• You can also use these pages on your laptop during small group lessons to review, practice and solidify strategies.
• I have included a PDF version along with the Power Point version so you can use your preference for printing.
You’ll be amazed at how much EXTRA practice you can fit into each day with these no lessons!
Click the PREVIEW button to see photos of the activities.
• This unit is part of a larger Phonological Awareness BUNDLE that includes an intervention binder.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE BUNDLE:
The bundle includes all of the units listed below:
UNIT 1. ALPHABET - uppercase and lowercase letters; correct formation (over 100 pgs)
UNIT 2. LETTER SOUNDS - matching letters to sounds and blending sounds (over 100 pgs)
UNIT 3. PHONEMES -syllables, onset and rime, and manipulating/substituting phonemes (125 pgs)
UNIT 4. PHONICS -short and long vowel sounds, digraphs, blends, magic E, diphthongs, etc (190 pgs)
UNIT 5. GUIDED READING STRATEGIES - a complete program with activities specific to each strategy (95 pgs)
UNIT 6. SIGHT WORD FLUENCY - practice sight words for fluency, pyramid sentences (95 pgs)
UNIT 7. SENTENCE - reading and editing simple and growing sentences (85 pgs)
UNIT 8. COMPREHENSION - word family sentences with comprehension questions (30 pgs)
9 . PHONOLOGICAL AWARENESS READING INTERVENTION/ASSESSMENT BINDER (220 pgs)
Click below to see it!
READING INTERVENTION and DAILY WARM UPS (650+ pages)
**NOTE: This bundle is also available for MATH INTERVENTION.
Click below to see it!
MATH INTERVENTION and DAILY WARM UPS (650+ pages)
Please click the PREVIEW button for more images of these activities!
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
• Question: What are Paperless Reading Warm-Ups?
Answer: They are colorful slides are meant to be projected onto any whiteboard to discuss with your class. They are “paperless” because you can practice hundreds of activities without printing a single page!
Students are invited to fill in missing answers on the board with a dry erase markers as they work through activities together. They are NO PREP!
• Question: Can the pages be printed out?
Answer: Yes! You can print any of the activities out to use a printables or workbooks. The files are Power Point, so just print the ones you want to make small review booklets for students who need targeted practice.
• Question: Which skills are covered in the full bundle?
Answer: These activities are meant for the Kindergarten/Grade One level.
It includes a full unit for each of the following topics:
Unit 1 - All About Alphabet
Unit 2 - Letter Sounds
Unit 3 - Phonemic Awareness and Manipulation
Unit 4 - Phonics and Letter Patterns
Unit 5 - Guided Reading Strategies (Complete program and assessment)
Unit 6 - Sight Word Fluency
Unit 7 - Simple Sentences - Read, write and self-edit
Unit 8 - Comprehension Passages using word families
NOTE: These are not "interactive slides", so you do NOT need an interactive whiteboard to use these. Any white board will do!
A genuine THANK YOU to those who have left feedback or emailed me to say how you will by using these resources. I love to hear about it!
Would you like TPT credits to use on future purchases? It’s easy!
Go to your My Purchases page on TPT, and you’ll see a spot to give feedback. Each time you do, TPT automatically adds credits to your account that you can apply towards future purchases!
I genuinely appreciate your feedback!
If you have any ideas or concerns, please email me directly at email@example.com
For printing issues, just contact the tech dept. for speedy help at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can see ALL clip art and early literacy sets organized in one place by clicking Whimsy Workshop Teaching
-- simply choose one of the drop down tabs at the top of the page!
Keep In Touch!
Follow Whimsy Workshop on FACEBOOK
to be notified of new products and reduced prices.
Receive email notifications from TPT about temporary discounts on my new product listings, just click the “FOLLOW” button at the top of THIS PAGE
(near the green star).
NEWSLETTER FREE RESOURCES:
You can receive exclusive free content in my newsletters - and receive an instant gift! It's a Giant Never-ending Sight Words Game Board! Your first email will also contain access to a huge FREE resource library of literacy, social skills, math, STEM, art and clip art resources! Emails will arrive about 3 times per month.
Just Click HERE to see the instant download!
Whimsy Workshop Teaching
Literacy or Math Products and Freebies are limited to single classroom use only. In order to legally use this resource in more than one classroom or district, you will require a multiple user license (on checkout page) which will offer a discount from the original price.