Have you ever noticed there doesn't seem to be a good, comprehensive syntax assessment anywhere!? Standardized tests only test a handful of forms, and I have yet to find a comprehensive resource on the market, so I decided to make one!
This is a HUGE 92 page, evidence-based packet designed to provide a screener for all of the major grammar forms and sentence structures. The first half of the packet contains cute, engaging, and professional stimulus pictures for each of the assessments. The second half of the packet contains easy-to-use assessment forms, including "run-on" forms to help you save paper in the event that you decide to give a child the entire assessment. Each form provides the age of acquisition based on current research for each grammar form. Each assessment sheet also includes corresponding Common Core Standards to help you when writing goals and IEPs.
Because this packet IS NOT a standardized assessment, and cannot be used to diagnose speech or language disorders, you can hand pick any or all of the provided assessments to screen your student’s abilities in each area. This packet assesses the following syntax forms:
• Answering Y/N Questions
• Answering Wh Questions: Who, What, Where, Why, When (Wh questions organized by order of acquisition)
• Articles (a, the)
• Auxiliary Verbs
• Coordinate and Subordinate Clauses (use of and, or, but, because to create a complex sentence)
• Do/Does Subject/Verb Agreement
• Have/Has Subject/Verb Agreement
• Irregular Past Tense
• Irregular Plurals
• Noun-Verb-Adjective Sentences
• Noun-Verb-Prepositional Phrase Sentences
• Present Progressive (noun is verbing) Sentences
• Regular Comparatives and Superlatives
• Regular Past Tense
• Regular Plurals
• Simple Future Tense
• Subjective Pronouns (I, We, You, He, She, They, It)
• Subject-Verb-Object Sentences
You can download the preview for the "Who" Wh Question Stimulus Page and Form to see an example of the quality of the packet. As always, don’t forget to leave feedback! I’d love to know what you like about the packet, and how it can be improved.
You May Also Like...
Speech-Language Assessment Checklist
Teacher & Parent Input Forms
Phonological Processes Screen & Progress Charts
Connect with Speaking Freely, SLP
New products are always 50% off for the first 24-hours. Make sure to "like" my store so you don't miss an update! Like my store by clicking "Follow Me" next to my store picture.
You can also follow me on Facebook!
Thank you for your business!
Speaking Freely, SLP