Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Compromise of 1850 BUNDLE
Causes of the Civil War
Hardcopy and Google Drive Resource Included
Wilmot Proviso, Missouri Compromise, Compromise of 1850 ACTIVITIES
Interactive Notebook activity, Line Graph activity, Scaffolding Questions
Aim: What should happen to slavery in the territories?
Included in this resource:
• Title page
• Slavery Compromises background reading passage - Should slavery exist in new lands gained after the U.S.-Mexico War?
• Part I: Legislative Branch Interactive Notebook Activity
• Part II: Graphing Political Power - students create line graphs (free vs. slave states) showing the gaining of representatives in Congress over time through 1850; scaffolding questions based on line graphs
• Part III: What to do with California? Question for student written response
• Part IV: Compromise of 1850 Provisions and questions for student written responses
• Answer Key for Teachers
Students will research, analyze, and use their critical thinking skills to complete the activities. They will use their previous knowledge of slavery compromises and Social Studies to create their line graph and answer the scaffolding questions.
Adheres to Social Studies Common Core Standards - research, application, literacy, vocabulary
Differentiation: scaffolding questions, cooperative (may work with a partner(s) according to teacher's discretion for scaffolding questions and activities)
© 2012 A Social Studies Life
For personal use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.