I created this unit to directly align with Operations and Algebraic Thinking Common Core and Kindergarten Go Math Chapter 5: Addition. However, these activities can be used to supplement any kindergarten or first grade unit because of the direct alignment with Common Core. Below is a list of the activities along with the Common Core it is aligned to.
1. Tens Frame Mitten Addition Match using Tens Frames K.CC.OA.1, K.CC.OA.3
2. Ways to Make Ten Number Sentence Sort K.CC.OA.4
3. What Number Did You Start With Game K.CC.OA.2, K.CC.OA.5
4. Decomposing Number Pairs K.CC.OA.3, K.CC.OA.4
5. Making 10 With Cube Trains K.CC.OA.3, K.CC.OA.4
Though there are only 5 lesson, there are multiple games or activities that can be used with each. These are all kid friendly with workmats, number cards, winter themed counters from KPM doodles to be cut out and used. I've included tens frames, cube trains, writing number sentences, math journal prompts, record sheets, a peer assessment, and much more. I want everyone satisfied so please let me know if there is any way I can make this work better for your kids.