This package includes everything you need to teach the entire Number sense unit including operations as well as fractions, percents and decimals (aligned to the Ontario grade 6 curriculum). This is basically 2 units for 1! It includes multiplying, dividing, adding and subtracting both whole numbers and decimals as well as representing, comparing and ordering fractions, decimals and percents. This is aligned to Ontario grade 6, however, accommodations are provided where appropriate and many lessons contain open ended questions or parallel tasks to allow students of different levels to achieve success.
- 3-page teacher guide for teaching the unit including suggestions to incorporate the included materials and how to effectively teach 3-part math lessons
- 2x Expectations chart for students and parent communication (one for computations, one for decimals, percents and fractions)
- Assessment guide and success criteria for notebooks
- 9 concept pages for student notebooks
- 22 three-part math lessons created using Smart Notebook software for use on Smartboards (please make sure you have this software)
- Suggested order of teaching
- Links to websites that can provide additional practice
- BLMs as needed (includes 'action' questions and review questions)
- 2 Final unit tests (provided in PDF and Word for editing) - one for computations, one for fractions/decimals/percents!
This unit is part of this bundle:
Entire Year of Math Units
Just want the tests included this unit?
Basic Operations Test
Fractions Percents Test
Computations Fractions Decimals Percents Unit
2D 3D Geometry Unit
Mental Math Strategies Unit
Data Management Unit
Place Value Unit
Transformational Geometry Unit
Rates and Ratios Unit
Math Assessments All Units
Math Expectations Charts All Units