Teach your students how to take full advantage of Microsoft Word's Insert Shapes tools.
Suitable for Grades 1 – 4 depending on their previous knowledge levels.
Students will learn about:
• The Insert tab on the Ribbon in Word 2013, specifically, the Insert Shapes tool.
• Selecting a shape and creating it and/or modifying it using the adjustable squares at the corners of the object.
• Changing the Fill Color (inside the object) and changing the Line Color (outside border of the object). Also, changing the width of the outside line.
• Using the Free Rotate icon to skew or move the object.
• Using the Send to Back or Send Backwards tool to manipulate which layer level the object is on. Conversely the Bring to Front / Bring Forward tool.
• Deleting a shape
Time Needed: 3 x 45 minute periods