Computer Coding in Scratch 3.0 - Lesson 1: Movement
Also included in
- You will receive 12 detailed PowerPoints that provide step-by-step guidance to students learning how to code using Scratch 3.0. The lessons include embedded videos to better illustrate how the programs should be functioning at various steps. Each lesson ends with a culminating activity with a rubricPrice $65.00Original Price $88.50Save $23.50
- This is a discounted bundle that includes ALL of my coding resources. These lessons provide step-by-step guidance to teach coding fundamentals using Scratch and include student activities for them to apply their learning. There are two coding curriculums in this bundle - one is geared more towards 3Price $125.00Original Price $156.50Save $31.50
Students start with a tour of the main interface and then receive step-by-step directions that guide them through:
- triggering a program with an event code block,
- positioning sprites using go to, move, glide, x and y coordinates, turn, and point towards code blocks,
- using control codes such as the wait command and the forever loop,
- using the show and hide code blocks,
- saving their work and submitting projects to a class assignment folder within Scratch.
The editable PowerPoint includes short embedded videos that demonstrate what the student program should be doing at certain points, and it ends with directions for a culminating activity for students to demonstrate their learning. Since this lesson begins with the basics, it would be great for an hour of code activity. Screenshots are from Scratch 3.0.
Click here for Google Slides versions of this lesson.
3rd - 6th Grade Coding Curriculum (7 Units)
Unit 1 is FREE, click here.
Standalone Hour of Code activity
Microsoft Applications Lessons: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Adobe CC Lessons: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects