Computer Coding in Scratch: Unit 1 - The Basics (3rd-6th)
Also included in
- 7 detailed PowerPoints that provide step-by-step guidance to students learning how to code using Scratch. The editable presentations include embedded videos to better illustrate how the programs should be functioning at various steps. Each PowerPoint is a different unit of study centered on a fundamPrice $65.00Original Price $86.00Save $21.00
- This is a discounted bundle that includes ALL of my coding resources. These lessons provide step-by-step guidance to teach coding fundamentals using Scratch and include student activities for them to apply their learning. There are two coding curriculums in this bundle - one is geared more towards 3Price $125.00Original Price $156.50Save $31.50
Step-by-step directions that guide students through:
- adding a new sprite,
- triggering a program with an event code block,
- positioning sprites using go to, glide, x and y coordinates, and point in direction code blocks,
- changing costumes on sprites,
- choosing backdrops,
- using sound effects
- saving their work and submitting projects to a class studio within Scratch.
The editable PowerPoint (80 slides) include short embedded videos that demonstrate what the student program should be doing at certain points. Students are encouraged to test and troubleshoot their code. In this unit students create two separate programs. At the end of each program, students are given specific criteria and then demonstrate their learning by adding on to the program independently. Answer keys are included.
Click here for Google Slides version of this lesson.
7th - 10th Grade Coding Curriculum (12 Lessons)
Lesson 1 is FREE, click here.
Standalone Hour of Code activity
Microsoft Applications Lessons: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Adobe CC Lessons: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects