Same Great Lessons, New cover page!!!
As a first year computer teacher, I struggled to find good lessons that fit my students’ needs. Until this year, my school did not have a computer teacher. These students needed to start with the basics. These lessons were created specifically to teach my 6th-8th grade students the basic skills they need. Some activities can be used in 5th grade.
This lesson pack includes 10 Lessons and 3 vocabulary list.
Microsoft Word Lessons
1. My Favorites Activity- Great for introducing fonts, size, and colors. Fonts powerPoint included.
2. Colors Poem- Students practice the skills they have learned.
3. Writing a Resume- Students will understand the importance of a resume and what information to include.
Microsoft PowerPoint Lesson
4. All About Me- This lesson is great for the beginning of the year. Students create a powerPoint about their life.
Microsoft Excel Lessons
5. Excel Tessellations/Shapes- This activity is great for introducing excel to your students. It is also a great time filler.
6. Excel Create a grocery list and chart- This lesson is perfect for the beginner. Students practice entering information, using formulas, and creating charts.
7. Computer lab activity sheet- this is great for extra work or when there is a substitute. It is also good to have as a back-up lesson plan.
8. Internet Search Activity- This easy to follow worksheet, allows students to explore the internet. They will practice using search engines and research sites.
Microsoft Publisher Lessons
9. Publisher Create a school brochure- This lesson gives students an opportunity to show their creativity, while applying the skills they have learned.
10. Publisher Create a business- Students use their creativity to create a business name, logo, slogan, and advertisement. This can be an independent activity or completed in groups.
1. Basic Computer vocabulary- 22 basic words that computer students need to know. PowerPoint included.
2. Excel Vocabulary- 20 words that are used in excel. Great when introducing excel to the students.
3. Internet Vocabulary- 19 internet words that students should be familiar with.
All files are saved as the original documents. This allows you to edit them to fit the needs of your students.