From artificial intelligence to artificial limbs, computer science is changing lives, and the way we work and find solutions to problems. These 5 scenarios present problems in life (such as car safety, and graffiti), ask students to think and reflect quietly about these problems cause damage and how computers might solve them, and then show cutting edge videos from the past 3 years that employ solutions using computers and automation.
The videos range from 3 to 6 minutes each. 1 hour is enough to complete the activity, 45 minutes possibly.
These videos are mind blowing for middle school or upper-elementary students. They are really neat! This can be one or two lessons depending on the time you have in class. This could also be a Social Studies or Science lesson depending on how you set this up.
For video and scenario there are a couple short questions to answer, reflect on, learn from, and inspire them to go out and find more solutions in the world using technology and pioneer the next great wave of solutions.
Try my TOP 6 Middle School History Resources in my HaugerHistory TPT Store!
6. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
5. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
4. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
3. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
2. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
1. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Chamption
And whether you buy or not, enjoy a free acoustic song, free from me! "Laddering" Unplugged