Concentrating on Compound Words has everything you need to introduce, teach and review compound words with 95 pages of anchor charts, interactive journal activities, task cards, centers, activity sheets, craftivities and more. Each activity is available in color and black and white. Here is what you'll get with this unit.
1. Anchor Chart Posters (color and ink friendly)
2. Interactive Journal Pages: flip flap books, highlight an adjective, and unscramble the sentences
3. Compound Word Booklet: 6 pages to introduce or review
4. Find Someone Who : a whole group activity (2 versions)
5. Concentrating on Compound Words Task Cards: 16 color and b&w picture cards. Students write the two words that make up the word shown.
6. Looking for Compound Word Task Cards: 16 color and b&w cards. Students pick the compound word from a group of words.
7. Compound Sentence Hunt Task Cards: 16 color and b&w cards. Students read the sentence and find the compound word.
8. Compound Word Dominos: 28 dominos in color and b&w
9: Activity Sheets: Spin a Compound Word (2 options), Compound Word Sentences, Color a Compound Word, Circle a Compound Word, and Compound Word Cut and Paste (2 options)
10. Compound Word Caterpillar Craftivity
11. Compound Word Sundae Craftivity
Click on the preview to get a closer look. If you have any questions just let me know and I'll be happy to help.